Friday 28 March 2014

Weekend Jam: The Raveonettes - Young And Cold

I am genuinely sorry for the lack of updates as of late. But for once in my life I have actually been kind of busy. Not really in the fun way, though. Springs are always weird. For some primitive reason they give me all these ambivalent feelings: I do love it, all the light, how even the rays of the early morning sun feel warm on your face and that the ice that was floating on the lake just last week has suddenly disappeared. But at the same time spring makes me restless and my life just seems to be over the place. I'm definitely sensing that in the air right now.

About exactly a year ago, there was a song that I found myself constantly singing along to and right now it speaks to me again. I don't know why. It does mention spring but in this spring time dust I'm not, for a change, loving anyone (in totally unrequited way) way too much. But my neighbours have definitely heard a rendition or two of the song for it's become my current guitar playing favourite. Fun fact or not, last year when I got myself a new guitar I almost picked the one Sharin is playing here. But didn't. So that wasn't really worth mentioning. But hey, let's finally listen to the song!

The Raveonettes playing Young And Cold live at RTL2.

No comments:

Post a Comment