Sunday 9 March 2014

Weekend Jam : Anneke van Giersbergen & Agua de Annique - Wonder

There are beautiful female voices. And there are otherwordly beautiful female voices. One of them belongs to Anneke Van Giersbergen. Something in her voice and also in her presence shakes me to the core. Her voice is not only really beautiful, it's also somehow haunting, filled with soothing and gentle melancholy. I remember I saw her live with her previous band called The Gathering many years ago. She must have been one of the most wonderful life performers I've ever seen as her whole presence was filled with such sincerity and inner light. You could see she was being completely herself and everything she sang came straight from her heart. That's not something you get to experience too often.

So this one is for you Anneke. I wish there were more voices like yours.



No comments:

Post a Comment