Sunday 2 March 2014

Weekend Jam: The Julie Ruin - Oh Come On

I admit that one of the biggest themes of my daily life in the past week has been Kathleen Hanna. I loved her when she I was a teenager. She helped me to discover the whole Riot Grrl movement and all the lovely feminist jazz that came with it. She inspired me to buy independent zines from online distros and made me more aware of things in general. It did me well back then, it truly did, it boosted my confidence and made me smarter and also more open as a person. Also, I had such a huge crush on her back then.

I remember listening to Le Tigre around ten years ago but after that I pretty much forgot Kathleen. Well, I didn't truly forget her, how could you forget someone who has moved you in a such way? But I didn't listen to her bands for a really long time until recently my friend told me The Julie Ruin are touring here this year. She bought us tickets for the gig. I checked the band out. And let me tell you, if Kathleen was hot about fifteen years ago, I can hardly handle her nowadays. She has become more charismatic and her smile is even more beautiful than before. Everyone who has been close to me in the past seven, eight days truly knows what I think about her now.



No comments:

Post a Comment