Sunday 4 May 2014

Weekend Jam: Madonna - Like it Or Not

It feels a bit funny to realize I haven't yet posted anything Madonna-related. My love for her has started to fade a bit but she really meant a lot to me when I was a teenager. I could even call her one of the women who made me realize I'm gay. My love for her holds so many memories… I think I could just write a novel about them.

I'm not denying I'm kind of upset with the way she looks like nowadays. In my opinion, she worked out a bit too hard (lost too much weight) and it started to show on her face. Then she fixed it and at the same time it hid the way her face started to age naturally. It also upsets me to point these things out because even though I have mixed feelings about cosmetic surgery I do believe every woman has the right to decide about the things they wish do with their bodies. I'm not saying I'm judging Madonna here but I do praise the world of natural aging. I'm also kind of nervous what she'll end up looking like in a few years. But anyway, enough of this subject for now.

I have actually talked with Puppe a few times that I have hard time releasing my "can't handle the hot" posts here because deep inside I feel like I should actually write about something. But this time I'm just going to free myself because to be honest, these emotions are like building blocks of my heart. So many charismatic, gorgeous women! So little time! I have a friend who actually calls me a "woman lover" and she explained this very beautifully: "You see beauty in so many different kind of women and I admire that thing about you". So there, it's true. I'm a true woman lover. Now if only I had enough courage to ask some of these women out in real life. I'm going there… slowly. I have actually someone in mind right now. So I'm just wishing myself a lot of luck, again.

But to get back to the subject, I have so many memories of Madonna. It's intriguing when you're that connected to someone who's so popular, she's close and so far away at the same time. And by connection I mean that I've been intrigued and inspired by her for almost twenty years. That's a long time. When I was young, she guided me to discover new things about myself and I'm grateful for that. Something in her turns me off sometimes but something in her also moves me a lot.

Of her tours my favorite must be Confessions Tour. I love it so much that one of my friends, a gay boy, has actually disagreed to watch it with me sometimes because he can't always bear with the way I behave. But I just can't handle the hot. Like it or not, I really just can't handle the hot...




Like seriously, my dreams are made of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment