Friday 9 May 2014

Weekend Jam: Grace Jones - Slave To The Rhythm

I think it will rather unevitable that at some point I shall combine my interest in this blogging thing and my love for the Bond films. In practice that will likely be in the form of listing my all time favourite Bond girls. Although in all honesty, that's kind of off topic regarding the older women theme: the oldest Bond girl was just under fourty years old. But well, that's not really my fault: I would definitely cast more mature women in most roles. But we'll see. Anyhow, I'm not puffing this possible series just randomly here for - spoiler! - one of my favourite Bond girls is played by our weekend jammer.

That being said, Grace Jones is above all a recording artist to me. And a style icon. Because I do appreciate dramatic outfits. I saw her live once and I almost peed my pants because of... oh so many reasons. It's not every day that you see a pretty scarcely and in somewhat eccentric way dressed woman in her 60s singing while hula hooping in front of you. Not that I wouldn't mind. And I surely didn't. The amount of cool pretty much had me paralysed. And also she freaks me out a bit. But that's definitely part of why she's so intriguing.

 
Grace Jones performing Slave To The Rhythm live in 2010.


No comments:

Post a Comment