Sunday 18 May 2014

Weekend Jam: Siouxsie - These Boots Are Made For Walking

When I was a teenager, I had my goth-phase. I wore only black, I wore long black leather jackets, black boots and lots of eyeliner… I'll always remember how one little girl in the library started to cry when she noticed me. Needless to say, I'm grateful those days are long gone. But somehow I'm also a bit sad I didn't know Siouxsie back then, she'd surely had bring some class into my so called neverending darkness.

I love her attitude and I also love her voice. But the most I love the atmosphere of her music, specially with Siouxie and the Banshees. There's something magical and haunting in those tunes, something that I rarely listen to but when I do it's such an intense feeling. It brings strange kind of melancholic nostalgia into my heart.



I'm also wishing to point out she's actually around 54 years old in this performance. How breathtakingly amazing is that? Would I mind if she walked over me with those boots? Probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment