Sunday 23 February 2014

Weekend Jam: Fleetwood Mac - Rhiannon

When I was in my teens I was such a musical purist that I would only listen to the very original Fleetwood Mac, you know pre-1970's version of the band. Later on I have ditched my weird and delusional ideas of that no good music was made after the sixties, also regarding this band.

Like everyone and their mother, American Horror Story Coven  has totally made me drown myself into Fleetwood Mac's music as of late. My Tumbr tag research revealed that not everyone is crazy about this. Apparently becoming a fan of someone's music based on a TV show is not acceptable to Real Music Fans. I do not get it, people. How did they first hear it? Chances are their mothers blasted Fleetwood Mac during their entire pregnancy and they were born into it. But in most cases, probably not. Fandoms are supposed to be for bonding and loving, not for competing on who's the best fan. There's no such thing as wrong way of finding new music. And if a band's musical style chances it can be different but equally good. Like in this example right here.

So, to old and new fans, here's a pretty stellar live version on Rhiannon from 1976.


No comments:

Post a Comment