Thursday 6 February 2014

I'm just a prisoner of love

One of the best things and somewhat a phenomenon of summer 2013 was the Netflix series Orange is the New Black. Everyone seemed to have binge watched it in a couple of days (by everyone I mean myself, three friends, a punch of queers I follow on Tumblr, and some folks I don't actually hang out in real life or in virtual world like Tegan and Sara Quin and Sarah Paulson: I lead a very limited social life so I consider this a big enough crowd to prove the point). It is just something that happens because it is so good and you don't want to stop but then again you don't want it to end either. And with all your feels you end up in an emotional void because hello, what am I going to watch now and what am I going to do with my life in general and what's the meaning of my existence (I personally continued with the colour theme and watched Orphan Black in two days: it's a vicious circle and only gave answer to one of these questions). Well, you know what I am talking about because you probably had a rewarding marathon with it, too.

While watching, working as drug mule for international drug cartel started to sound a considerable career choice for more people that ever before thanks to one Alex Vause.

Not enough people on TV shows wear glasses. They should because that's just hot. I mean just look at this exhibit A.

Thanks to this certain Alex Vause indeed, Tumblr pretty much exploded and the dash was flooded with shippers and people whose lives were ruined hopefully in the best possible way. I want to take this moment to thank these gif making folks for I found endless comfort in the that form for my lonely and empty nights when I missed the happy two days I spent with the show and pondered if life in prison would actually be bad at all and I'd meet more ladies than in my current life (more clear minded state made me realise it's probably not worth it, though...). I should never watch anything: I get too emotionally involved. I fall for fictional characters and I fall hard. Especially in this particular case. Yes, Alex Vause, I'm talking about you.

You never know what upcoming series bring. You wish for the best and fear for the worst and this wait for Orange is the New Black series two has been one emotional roller coaster. It hasn't been just the anxious ”oh, I can't wait I think I have to watch the first series three times until it airs again” or ”oh, I hope the second series lives up to all the expectations because I would really appreciate new episodes in addition to these I know by heart”. No, it's been a constant thriller whether or not Laura Prepon playing Alex Vause will return to the second series and if for how many episodes. It started from maybe none, to one and then four and I then don't even know: I think at that point I curled up in a ball and concentrated on crying about it. But yesterday it was revealed that she's apparently returning for ”most of it”. I don't know what that means. I don't care. My baby's back and those tears running down my face are tears of joy. Looks like all those, mostly metaphorical, pies thrown for Alex Vause weren't in vain.

No comments:

Post a Comment